Main Page Gallery Audio/Video Candles Condolences Memories Life Story Edit Page Grief Support
Family Tree
170855 Create Memorial
Bookmark and Share


Life story
June 16, 2006
Born in on June 16, 2006.
June 6, 2008
Passed away on June 6, 2008.
January 1, 2009

Born in Australia on June 16, 2006.

Place of birth - Pindarra Hospital, Gold Coast, Australia

Time of birth - 8.54 p.m.

Weight at birth - 3140 gms




Claire was consistently in the top ten percent for height according to age and was in the middle of the weight range.

She was diagnosed with low muscle tone as a baby and was under the care of a physiotherapist for a while but, when she started walking at 16 months, this quickly disappeared. Claire's speech was good and she was bilingual in English and Mandarin.


At the end of January Claire started at a local kindergarten and was very popular with the other children and the teachers because of her kind and happy nature.

On the evening of March 26 Claire suffered a severe febrile convulsion. Her breathing stopped for 30 seconds. An ambulance was called, she was stabilised and taken to a private hospital. They sent her home with instructions to take Panadol to lower her temperature. Back at home she had another more minor febrile convulsion and then, several hours later, another more severe one. Again an ambulance was called and this time she was taken to the public hospital. Claire had to wait in the Emergency department for a number of hours. At about nine in the morning of the 27th March she had yet another severe febrile convulsion, in full view of several doctors. From that moment her situation was taken seriously and she was admitted to the children's ward for 24 hours observation. The final diagnosis was that the febrile convulsions resulted from a high temperature caused by an unknown virus. Claire had experienced four febrile convulsions in a 12 hour period.

With the judicious use of Panadol Claire quickly recovered. We had had to delay a planned trip to Taiwan and the UK for almost a week but then were able to proceed. Claire was completely well and had a wonderful time. She met her relatives in Taiwan and the UK and her speech in both languages went ahead in leaps and bounds. As well as bringing joy to all manner of people, especially the elderly and lonely, she demonstrated a love of flowers and bubbles. She always loved animals and Nature.

On returning home from the trip Claire remained well with nothing more than the occasional sniffle. She was as happy as ever and never more so than during her last two days on this earth.

At about 8:10 pm she went to bed and after saying, "Night night Mummy, Night night Daddy" and "I love you Mummy, I love you Daddy," went to sleep. When her mummy checked on her just over an hour later her face and feet were cold. She had already gone. Resucitation attempts by ourselves and the paramedics proved fruitless. Claire was a victim of SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood).



She passed away on June 06, 2008 at the age of 1 year, 11 months and 21 days.